Camtasia is an affordable, easy-to-use, and feature-rich PC-based video editing and production tool that offers users the ability to produce high-quality video. Whether you want to create video footage from your camcorder or capture the screen of a software application for training purposes, Camtasia is sure to provide you with more than enough video enhancement firepower to keep you in the premier league.
The main modules of Camtasia are the Gamer, the Recorder and the Producer, consisting of an audio editing module called Dub-It. It also consists of a video compressor that allows you to create high-quality, lossless video files.
The program also offers users the possibility to add watermarks to their video footage, just like TV channels do when broadcasting their videos.
The Dub-It module makes it a breeze to add commentary and music to your video footage or production using your microphone or MIDI files.
You can easily record your PC screen, PowerPoint presentation, audio tracks, and webcam video to create composite training videos and discussions right at your desktop. With Camtasia Studio, users can create high-quality video footage anytime.
- Windows 2000, Windows XP or later
- DirectX 9 or higher
- GHz Processor Minimum Recommended: 2.5 GHz
- 00 MB RAM Minimum Recommended: 1 GB.
- Windows compatible sound card, microphone and speakers.
- 0 MB hard drive space for setup.
- Camtasia Studio Add-in for PowerPoint requires PowerPoint 2000, 2002, 2003 or later version.
- Apple QuickTime 7.1 or later is required for Apple iPod format playback.
- Windows 95, 98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000, XP or later.
- 66 MHz processor.
- 2 MB RAM.
It also includes features that allow you to save video footage as an animated GIF file with noise.
The best feature of Camtasia Studio 4 is that it allows anyone to share their video files with anyone, anywhere. It provides a comprehensive service for recording, editing, and sharing high-quality screen videos on the Web, CD-ROM, and portable media players, including the popular iPod.
Uses and applications:.
- Business owners can use Camtasia Studio 4.0 to publish marketing videos and create MP3 files for portable media players.
- Educators can use Camtasia to record PowerPoint presentations and then publish them as online lectures for their students.
- Training business software applications.
- Integrate video content into Flash jobs to quickly develop project-specific prototypes of Flash training and presentations.
Camtasia was recently awarded the Jolt 16th Annual Item Excellence Award.
“The Jolts gets more competitive every year, and TechSmith’s Camtasia support of multiple output formats and extensive modifier formats put it at the top of our list,” said Rosalyn Lum, technical editor of Dr. Dobb’s Journal. “The judges were thrilled with this extremely polished and expert product for creating tutorials and other high-quality animated discussions.”